Cat Nap

Cat Nap

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Dang, I stepped in Hamentashen!

Happy Purim all! Initially I got some flack about using a sugar cookie recipe to bake cookies this year. To those people I say, "last year I was sans newborn, this year I'm lucky to get as much time to bake as I do to use the powder room!"

The reception once tasted, however, was sugary joy :)

Sugar Cookie Base
1.5 cups butter, soft
2 cups white sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon pineapple juice
5 cups flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

Cream butter and sugar together in large bowl. Beat eggs, vanilla and juice in small bowl, then add and beat into butter mix. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
Roll out dough and use large round cookie cutters. Roll into 3 sides and pinch edges to make triangle. Add filling and place on parchment lined tray.
Cook 8-10 min at 400 degrees. Makes 50.

Filling
3 oz cream cheese, full fat
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup plus 1/4 cup

Blend ingredients together in food processor. Makes enough for 2 tsp in 50 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment