Cat Nap

Cat Nap

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Butternut Squash Fries

I love fries any way I can get them. October starts squash season and that means the best fries of all - butternut squash fries! Much like sweet potato fries these take half the time to cook and taste just as sweet (if not sweeter).

What you need:

1/2 a Butternut Squash peeled, seeded and cut lengthwise into 1/4 inch strips

Olive Oil

Salt and Pepper to taste

How to do it:

Put fries into pan and stir in olive oil to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pop it in the oven at 425 degrees for 30 minutes. I never bother flipping half way because it lets all the heat out.

They won't be crispy unless you separate them nicely (which I never do). I like them soggy, so I just load 'em on and put 'em in.

Enjoy with grill fare or late at night as a snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment