Cat Nap

Cat Nap

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Eat Your Greens! Satay Spinach

While pregnant I was told more than once I needed to get my iron up - and that already included an iron supplement! I love vegetables as much as the next person (can you sense the irony) so I needed to find a tasty way to do so and spinach was the answer.

Spinach is one of those wonder-veggies - it's dark green, delicious, and super versatile. And you can't argue with it's ability to clean you out. So here's a recipe that's quick and good enough to serve at a dinner party.


Satay Spinach

When cooking spinach remember it shrinks waaaay down when it's cooked. So I start out using 3 bunches of spinach, or 4 huge handfuls if you buy fresh in the bag (like I do from Costco).

Heat olive oil to high in a large pot then lower temp to medium

After thoroughly washing spinach add it one handful at a time to the pot. Be careful because the oil may splatter at first from excess water on the spinach leaves. Load it all into the pot then cover and let the leaves cook down for a few minutes. Drain out water.

Add 2 garlic cloves diced and mix into leaves now leaving uncovered.

Add a huge hunking over-the-top spoon full of peanut butter. Allow it to melt and mix in.

No comments:

Post a Comment